The advancements in AI have brought significant changes to the way we live, and with more promises in store for the future, it is no wonder that AI is one of the most popular technologies of the 21st century.
However, the problem with all this hype is that almost everyone tries to make themselves out to be an absolute expert on Artificial Intelligence. As a result of this, if you are not careful, you might fall prey to false information, and this is where we step in.
Today, we will demystify Artificial Intelligence and learn how we can take our first steps into the world of Artificial Intelligence.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Before we can start coding complex AI systems, we should first discuss what AI is.
Artificial Intelligence deals with giving machines, especially computer systems, the ability to make decisions and solve problems in ways similar to humans. It seems pretty straightforward, in theory, but you might be wondering how this technology works.
Artificial Intelligence systems work by taking in large quantities of labeled training data as input and analyzing the data for correlations and patterns. The patterns discovered are then used to ascertain possible future states.
In this manner, an AI system can learn to chat like an actual person if given enough samples of text chats or to identify objects after reviewing millions of examples.
These are, of course, just some simple use cases of Artificial Intelligence. The field of AI has so much more to offer, as we’ll see in the following section.
Artificial Intelligence is being used extensively in several industries to get optimal and desirable results. It has added to the convenience of using several technologies.
• AI is being widely used to monitor, manage, and process cloud resources and the vast amount of data that yields from it.
• AI solutions are being developed in the field of IT to help detect and rectify the problems associated with it. This will prove to be extremely useful while working on high complexity problems.
• Big data has proved to be extremely useful during the COVID scenario. Merging this with data analysis is being used in identifying patterns and predicting the future.
Did you know
• Most AI bots are voiced by females (For example Siri, Cortana, Alexa, etc). This is due to the fact that both men and women tend to be more attracted to female voices.
• The development in AI technology has made it possible for robots to automatically repair themselves! In case of any performance issues, they can easily troubleshoot and figure out how to fix them.
• Facebook is developing deep learning technology that is capable of processing information similar to that of a human brain by using networks and brain cells.
• Facial and voice recognition technology has drastically been improved by AI systems that are now capable of generating audio, text, and images.
• Sofia, a humanoid robot, obtained citizenship in Saudi Arabia.
Curious to learn more? Check out some of these courses and materials and pave your way into the world of AI!
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach (Pearson Series in Artificial Intelligence)
AI and Machine Learning for Coders: A Programmer’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence
Thus, we conclude this month’s edition of Technofiction. We hope all the information provided herein will serve you well on your journey into the field of Artificial Intelligence, and as always, we wish you the very best in all your endeavors.